Marcel Proust Quote:
“We become moral when we are unhappy.”
What you appreciate the most in your friends.
What I appreciate most about my friends.
To have tenderness for me, if their personage is exquisite enough to render quite high the price of their tenderness.
I have always had a 100% commitment to the truth and I will remind you, before you read this, that there is truth in lies if you can collect enough of them.
The thing I appreciate most about my friends is their ability to use me. In fact, let’s just take a look back at all the ways that my friends used me in 2009:
- Used me so that they wouldn’t have to go to the movies alone.
- Used me to help them climb a mountain.
- Used me as a passenger in that sweet electric car.
- About 15 or so people used me to have fun painting my house.
- About 20 or so people used me to get some exercise by helping me move.
- Used me as an excuse to buy me Toast ‘Ems.
- Used me to practice their basketball game.
- About 50 or so people used me for a free meal and stimulating conversation.
- Used me to practice pitting cherries and their pie baking skills.
- Used me to take pictures of them playing with sparklers.
- Used me to keep them company while they hung out on a bridge in the middle of the night.
- Used me to take pictures of them playing with sparklers again.
- Used me to lead them on a semi-successful The Road Trip.
- Used me to take pictures of their hand.
- Used me to take them to Mankato to visit Faust.
- Used me to make their alligator shirt look good.
- Used me by inspiring me to make images of me with my trombone.
- Used me by showing off their awesome skills on my ferocious facial hair.
- Used me by having me lead them to a semi-successful trip to Kansas City.
- Used me by loaning me their dog for a week.
- Used me by exploiting my love of the tenderloin.
- Used me by coming over to my house and carving an awesome pumpkin.
I hope my friends are able to use me this much or more next year. With the exception of the moving part. If I move again in the next 2 years my life most likely left the tracks again.