“This is the end,
This is the end,
Of our elaborate plans, the end,
Of everything that stands, the end,
No safety or surprise, the end.”
– The Doors (The End)
Another college basketball season has come to an end. It is a sad, sad day. At least it is only 11 days to Iowa State’s Spring Football Game. 11 long days!
The end of another college basketball season means it is time to crown the champion of year 6 of the Roundball Oracles tournament pool.
This is beginning to sound like a broken record, but a few years back Pat Riley was man enough to patent the word 3peat. What he wasn’t man enough to do is actually 3peat. He came up woefully short in his attempt to win a 3rd straight championship.
Mark Wolfram is not Pat Riley. Mark Wolfram was man enough to be crowned the Roundball Oracles Champion for the 3rd straight year. It was a little embarrassing when a guy living in Taiwan won the first time. Even more embarrassing when he repeated last year. I’m not sure if there are words to express how embarrassing it is that he won for a third straight year.
Hopefully next year somebody will step up and snatch that crown off of his head. Could be you! Could be me! Although I’ll have to rebound from an extremely pathetic performance this year. At least I finished third and won ten bucks in the pool at work.
The Final Standings
1. Mark Wolfram (Taiwan Hoops) – 81 points
2. Nader Parsaei (Charlie Chaplin) – 79 points
3. Dawn Krause (Dawn’s Dunkin’ Dribblers) – 75 points
4. Frank Meiners (Frank’s Picks) – 73 points
4. Corey Faust (Always Go Top Shelf) – 73 points
6. Dan Dill (dan) – 71 points
7. Jason Baier (JLB) – 70 points
8. Robert Henning (Shot In The Dark) – 67 points
9. Nate Buckingham (Wade Lookingbill Allstars) – 65 points
9. Tim Peterson (Dominate Monkey) – 65 points
9. Linda Toot (JWB) – 65 points
12 – Derrick Gorshe (Derrick) – 63 points
13 – Jesse Howard (ISU Yes McDermott No) – 62 points
14 – Becky Perkovich (A169032477) – 61 points
15 – Corey Schmidt (TakeIt2ThaHole) – 58 points
15. Toby Sebring (Lickliter Is Out!) – 58 points
17. Russell Kennerly (i’m also transferring greg) 57 points
18. Christopher D. Bennett (I See Things) – 56 points
19. Jon DeWaard (Lono’s bracket) – 54 points
20. Bill Wentworth (Bill’s Bracket) – 53 points
21. Carrie Baier (Couragers) – 52 points
21 competitors was a new Roundball Oracles record for participants. 4 female competitors was a record for female competitors!
I am hopeful that next year, both of those records will be broken.